I’ve always believed in Happy Employees make happy Customers. The better experience your employee will have, more and better your customers will be delivered.
Stay updated on Telegram with latest updates from Google Home/Assistant ecosystem.
Starbucks, is a nice example reinforcing, that your employees(and customers) are your best brand ambassadors, making them feel valued should be one of important task of managers and founders of any company.
Why employees quit their job?
There are many reasons why good employees quit. Here is a list of around 10 reasons and most are preventable:
- Management demands that few people doing jobs of more people, resulting in longer days and weekend work.
- Management cuts back on administrative help, forcing professional workers to use their time to collating, filing and other clerical duties.
- Management puts a freeze on raises and promotions, when an employee can easily find a job earning 20-30% more somewhere else.
- Management doesn’t allow the rank and file to make decisions or allow them pride of ownership. Not just professional decisions— but even not so important tasks when not delegated or left over until senior management approves it, work and morale languishes.
- Management constantly reorganizes, shuffles people around, and changes direction constantly.
- Management doesn’t have or take the time to clarify goals and decisions. Therefore, it rejects work after it was completed, damaging the morale and esteem of those who prepared it.
- Management shows favoritism and gives some workers better offices, trips to conferences, etc.
- Management relocates the offices to another location, forcing employees to quit or double their commute.
- Management promotes someone who lacks training and/or necessary experience to supervisor, alienating staff and driving away good employees.
- Management creates a rigid structure and then allows departments to compete against each other while at the same time preaching teamwork and cooperation.
The endeavor is to let people be at their creative best and the work environment must aid & encourage the process. The focus should be to maximize each person’s strengths, to keep them energized & imaginative. The secret of passion is purpose. Goal setting is another aspect wherein a lot of thought & creativity should be exercised. Well set & defined goals ensure a sense of focus & that creativity is channeled for the desired results.
Lastly, it’s important that people enjoy the work they do & develop a larger sense of purpose. The real value of achieving goals lies not in the rewards they receive but in the person they become. People want to feel valued and purposeful in their work. The secret to happy, committed employees isn’t much of a secret, really. In small ways and big, you need to prove to them that their work truly matters and empower them to always do right by the customer and the community.