It’s almost Mother’s Day, and if you still haven’t gotten mom a gift yet — you need to get on that, right now. Whether you need to pull together some last minute plans or just want to find the right way to make mom’s day, Google Assistant is here to help.
- Busy morning? Don’t forget the big day. Ask your Assistant on Android phones to “Remind me to call Mom”
- Pulling together your last minute plans? Ask your Assistant on Nest speaker “What should I do for mom?
- Looking for the perfect activity? Ask your Google Assistant on Android phones to “Find me nearby tea shops”
- Pick her up some flowers on your way to celebrate. Ask your Assistant “Where’s the nearest flower shop?” or If flowers at a park are more her style, ask “Where’s the nearest botanical garden?”
- Who doesn’t love a homemade dinner? Just say to your Assistant on Google Nest Hub– “Let’s make lasagne”
- The perfect addition? Ask your Assistant on Google Nest Audio to “Play my mother’s day playlist”
- Celebrate Mother’s Day with a family game night. Ask your Assistant on Nest speaker to “Play a trivia game?”
Stay updated on Discord with all the latest updates from Google Home/Assistant ecosystem.
Google Wants to Help You Out This Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is on second Sunday of May every year, so you still have plenty of time to think up the perfect gift idea. With Google’s smart speakers you can manage a full smart home configuration of lighting, security, and entertainment devices that may be appealing to your mom, If she will be interested in a smart home upgrade.
Our mothers are our first “original helpers”. The goal is to get your mom some help around the house with an Assistant device. If you’re still struggling to find the right gift, perhaps these deals on smart speakers will help.
Google Nest products are discounted for Mother’s Day
- Google Nest Audio is $79.99 (usually $99) at Best Buy
- Google Nest Mini is $29.99 (usually $49.99) at Best Buy
Get latest updates on Google Home and Google Assistant on your mobile
It’s a gift that many moms are sure to love, so pick up a Google Nest Hub or Nest Mini, slack a bow on the box, and consider your Mother’s Day gift shopping to be done.
It goes without saying that a gift should not be the only thing you do to honor your mother for Mother’s Day. Let her know she is remembered, buy some flowers, send a card, spend some time exclusively with her or show up in person first and just tell her what’s in your heart; let the gift be an addition to whatever you’re already doing for her instead of everything you’re doing for her. Life is unpredictable and these things shouldn’t go unsaid. As one daughter put it, “Mom, you did good.”
Dozens of people from all walks of life share stories about their moms, in time for Mother’s Day. The result?
A surprising, compelling, and emotionally vulnerable story about the transformative impact of moms. For someone, who is fascinated by superheroes, here’s what I would say: You’re my Hero.
Mother’s, who’ve helped us grow as people. Who with love and imagination battled monsters living under our bed. Who showed us the wonder of the world and encouraged us to find our unique place in it. Who celebrated the weird in each of us and who challenged us to take chances, but err on the side of kindness. Who whether in memory or in each moment, continue helping us grow each day. Thank you for all the patience, wisdom and teaching us what is most important in life.
What will you say to your Mom/guardian this Mother’s Day? What gift(s) you’ve planned for the day, let us know in the comments below. Happy Mother’s Day, Moms!
Things you can do from here: