Stay updated on Telegram with latest updates from Google Home/Assistant ecosystem.
With the 2022 FIFA World Cup just around the corner, a worldwide celebration of soccer (or, “football,” in the rest of the world) — kicks off in a few days.
Football season is underway and your Google Assistant is ready to help you keep up with your favorite teams. Your Google Nest/Home speakers are more than just a fancy music box and can be your best football companion by helping you stay on top of your league as well as follow your favorite teams.
To help you kick off your FIFA World Cup™ watch-a-thon, Google has some tricks up its sleeve to assist fans around the globe, to keep track of what’s happening on and off the pitch. For all the football fans across the world on how to check football scores and keep oneself updated with FIFA World Cup action using Google Assistant.
Keep your eyes on the match and ask your Google Assistant for updates on all the World Cup action. If you want to find out who won the match between Germany and Mexico, which players have scored the most goals in this year’s quest for the Golden Boot, or how many FIFA World Cups Brazil has won, just say “Hey Google” and ask away!
- Stock up on the essentials by asking your Assistant to “Hey Google, add chips and dip to my shopping list”
- Ask your Assistant about the competition: “Who does [insert your ⚽ team] play on Sunday?” or use CBS Sports Assistant app to get advice on how to manage your own team. It will give you advice on which players you should start, add, drop or trade. The app will also provide score updates, trade valuations, value comparisons between players and more.
- Prepare for the game: “What’s the weather in [insert match city] going to be like today?” and increase your knowledge by asking for football news. ‘Hey Google, football news’. It will read a few of the most recent or relevant football news headlines and send those articles to Google Assistant on your phone. If you want to ask about a player from a specific team, for e.g., “Hey Google, who is the quarterback for your ⚽ team?” It will tell you who the starting and backup quarterbacks are. You can also ask for the results of recent games or how a team is doing in the current season.
- Double-check the game date: “When does [insert your ⚽ team] play again?”
- Get to know your Assistant by asking, “Who’s your favorite football team?”
- Hey Google, when does Germany play Mexico? You can be as much specific as you want, courtesy of questions like “What teams are in group B?” If you want to know about players, you can also ask “Who is in the Argentina squad?”
- Hey Google, FIFA Live Score for real-time Football score.
Stay updated on Google News with the latest updates from Google Home/Assistant ecosystem.
Grow your knowledge about the World Cup with Assistant
Google Assistant is helping long-time soccer fans and those new to the World Cup with an expanded collection of facts. Say “Give me a soccer fun fact” to learn about the first females to referee the tournament, the number of stadiums lined up to host the event and more. To chat about the game, ask Assistant, “Do you like soccer?” and “Who’s your favorite soccer player?”, or celebrate together with “It’s game time” or “Say goal!”
This is just the tip of the iceberg. You can ask lot more questions pertaining to match statistics, player information, team composition and more. You’ll also get fun BTW (by the way) stats for some of your questions, so keep your ears open.
Listen to football radio and podcasts
Like to listen to football radio or podcasts? Let Google Home speaker play that for you. Using TuneIn, you can listen to all your favorite internet radio. Just say,
- Hey Google, play ESPN radio
Similarly, your favorite football podcasts can be streamed through Google Home, too. Say,
- Hey Google, play the Around the NFL podcast
If you can’t find your preferred podcast using voice, you can use your phone to cast it to the speaker.
Play trivia and games
Play fun games with your Google Nest/Home speaker.
- What Team will describe an NFL team with obscure facts and you have to guess which team it is.
- Super Bowl Quiz will test your NFL knowledge by asking multiple-choice trivia questions.
- Similarly, there is Steelers Trivia, Army Navy Football History Trivia, Clemson Football Trivia, and New Orleans Football Trivia.
Interested in learning more about the Google Assistant and Smart Home? Subscribe to WAV newsletter via Email.
Wherever you end up watching the World Cup this year and on whatever Google device, you’ll be able to catch every match live or available for replay. Enjoy watching your go-to team battle it out!
Ready, set, hut.